November 19, 2009

Bite the Bat Head and Rip it Off!










"I GOT RABIES SHOTS FOR BITING THE HEAD OFF A BAT, BUT THAT'S OKAY... THE BAT HAD TO GET OZZY SHOTS."


"I was standing in the second row while Ozzy was prancing from one side of the stage to the other, clapping his hands above his head to the beat of the music, trying to get the audience to join in and do the same, while the bat was hanging out of his mouth. Ozzy passed in front of me and noticed that I was the only one NOT complying to his request to clap with my hands above my head. He stopped in front of me, removed the bat from his mouth, pointed directly at me and said, 'Clap your f***ing hands or I will curse you!' I smiled, and Ozzy threw the bat at me. The bat hit me square in the chest, though at that particular moment, I did not know that it was a bat. I caught it as it bounced off my chest. It was slimy and the ribs of the wings jabbed at my fingers. I dropped the sticky, spiny thing into my coat pocket and proceeded to enjoy the rest of the show."

"After signing his first solo career record deal he came in to meet some of the people who worked at the record company. His plan was to release doves into the air as a sign of peace; instead,he grabbed a dove, bit its head off, then spat the head out. Then, with blood still dripping from his lips, a security guard came to remove him. Despite its controversy, this act has been parodied and alluded to several times throughout his career and is part of what made Ozzy Osbourne famous. He gained further notoriety on 20 January 1982, when he bit the head off a bat he thought was rubber while performing at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Des Moines, Iowa."












Play Ozzy's Bat Bite Video Game

No comments:

Post a Comment